Playing is Hard Work

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Maybe It Was The Squirrels

I came home after being at the coffee shop this afternoon and found one of my lawn chairs moved across the yard over to the fence and, by the way the legs were sunk into the flowerbed, it was clear that someone had used it to get out of the yard. But how did they get into the yard? I'm surrounded by buildings and fences, there is no gate. I called the landlord, who was remarkable unperturbed and seemed sure that it was just a telephone repair guy needing access to some lines. I also called ZPJ who freaked out and signed us up for renters' insurance within 20 minutes. I bet we should have gotten it before now, but hopefully now that we have it we won't need to use it.

I'm not so concerned about the intruder as I am about the squirrels who have been rooting around in my soil now that I finally have some grass shoots coming up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

Watch out for squirrels in Brooklyn. I had a loud rowdy one that used to live outside my window in Brighton Beach.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter