Playing is Hard Work

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

TA On The Wall

Overheard (hard not to when it's shouted in a small room) in the teachers lounge of a Brooklyn middle school yesterday:

"Don't tell me 'above average intelligence'!...Fucking Annie. It want to put a fucking baseball bat to her fucking head...this school gets worse every day...these kids are getting more more stupid...They're so fucking stupid I can't take it...Don't fucking judge me for saying it...If we can say kids are smart we can say kids are fucking stupid...They're not disabled, they're fucking stupid...Para's* are stupid too...I need a fucking Para for my Para...No, not you, Margie*."

*Para-professionals; un-certified classroom assistants, specifically in special needs classrooms
*Margie; the woman with the raised eyebrows reading her Daily News in the corner of the lounge

1 Comments:

Blogger Zaaq said...

I love Brooklyn. I really really do.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter