Playing is Hard Work

Monday, April 16, 2007

Adjustments

Well, I'm all moved and unpacked (almost) and everything. The moving wasn't as bad as it could have been, considering that it could have been yesterday during the torrential downpour instead of Saturday during the warm sunniness. Yesterday during the rain I just sat around inside and unpacked boxes and watched the new backyard fill up with puddles. Lots and lots of puddles.

It's strange being in a new place. I like it so much, but the space is just so different and I'm trying to get used to it. I couldn't really sleep well, especially the first night. So many strange new noises. And the bedroom has a window that goes directly into the sunroom that I keep open and it has turned into an all-night kitty path that leads directly to my head. The cats like the new place, too, and I think they will like it even better when the rain subsides and I can let them in the backyard.

Now it is Monday again and I have to come out of my moving haze and begin remembering all the non-moving-related things in my life that need to be done, like lesson plans and papers to write, phone calls to make, presentations to plan, and on and on. Fortunately I don't yet have internet on my main computer, and the keyboard doesn't work very well on the desktop, so once I sit down at the desk I should hopefully be relatively free of distractions. That's the plan, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter