Playing is Hard Work

Friday, April 13, 2007

Uhh...

After successfully taking the train this morning to my far-away residency, I had to catch a local cab from the train station to the school. I got in a AAA cab and was surprised that the driver was a woman. Or maybe more surprised that I was surprised, having never really noticed that drivers always seem to be men. We chatted on the way to the school, mostly about rising gas prices and the weather and then, out of nowhere, she says "you know what else I hate? Immigrants. All of them. They come here and want money and food stamps and health care. You know what I mean?" I sat in the back seat in stunned silence as she stared me down in the rear-view mirror. Finally I responded "well, I guess we were all immigrants at one point, right?" and she quickly changed the subject back to gas prices and road rage. Although it quickly slid into a subject about foreign drivers with road rage. I said nothing else, not wanting to incite any more rage than necessary.

This and the driver yesterday who didn't know how to find the Long Island Expressway from the BQE. I don't even know. I am so done with cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter