Playing is Hard Work

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Settling In

After two months, I've kind of settled into a groove with my thesis project kids. Things have been going relatively well lately, but then, how bad can it go when only two kids show up? No, no, it's not always that bad. I had three today, which is a 50% improvement from last week. And there are two more that would come, really they would, but doctor's appointments and such keep getting in the way. And one of the kids has what seems to be fairly serious pooping issues that cause him to leave half way through every workshop because he can't take care of business in the school bathrooms and needs to go to the comfort of home. But we are edging towards functionality, one half-hearted improv at a time. Will we have an provocative and inspiring performance at the end? Probably not. But today one of the boys expressed a real interest in doing live graffiti art during the performance and if we can milk that into a 30 minute show, with a couple of break-dance-numbers interspersed, I think I'll officially have a successful project on my hands.

1 Comments:

Blogger ipj said...

I don't see any problems.

I'm sorry if I miscredited the subversive knitting thing. You Laurens all look the same to me.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter