Playing is Hard Work

Friday, February 23, 2007

Restless

I went in for a job interview. I have managed to convince myself that I need a more regular schedule, even though my time has really been filling up since I started the project. I've been doing more workshops in schools, and every project session is turning out to require hours and hours of planning before and log-writing afterwards, and yet I feel compelled to bring on more work. It seems like an interesting program with interesting workshops, and it would be on a regular weekly schedule, which is appealing. More even than wanting a job now, though, I want a job for next year so that I don't have to spend the summer worrying about what I'm going to do in the fall.

Being a teaching artist isn't a good job for those who crave consistency and stability in their careers. It is, however, a GREAT job for those who believe that 10 hours of hard work and 15 hours of commuting is as good as full time.

I was better last night at starting writing- I had gotten back from a pretty disastrous project session and I just plopped myself down on the couch with the laptop, which is not handling the Internet very well right now, and didn't even go to the desktop to check my emails and whatnot. It was good to actually get the work done within a reasonable amount of time and even better to be able to purge some of the ickiness left over from the session. Hopefully this tactic will work again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter