Playing is Hard Work

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ritual

I need to create a ritual for myself for doing work- writing and such. Because right now my ritual is to sit at the computer and faff about doing shit like this for several hours before I get started. It's not efficient, and more often in not it results in frustration several hours later when I don't have anything done.

I like writing. But I hate starting to write.

The exciting thing that has happened today (and distracted me from working) was the arrival of our long-awaited couch. We ordered it at the beginning of December, oh-so-long-ago, and today it finally showed up, pillows and all!!! I swear, this couch will be the thing that gets me working. I'll plug in my laptop, bury myself in pillows and cats, and get to work! I know that I thought that the key to working was the new computer. And the new desk chair. And the new three-ring binder. But those were all full of false promises. The couch really is it.


Isn't it beautiful?

I'm serious, folks. I'm working...starting...right...now.

1 Comments:

Blogger mynewshoes said...

Ooh la la. Nice couch.

Also, do you want to try to set up some kind of regular doing work time? Besides a nice couch, it also helps me to have someone to help hold me accountable for how I spend my time.

Let's discuss.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter