Playing is Hard Work

Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Good Bostonian

My brother-in-law JJ is down for the weekend and he and I were sitting in the living room this afternoon doing some work on the computers. Over and over, we keep hearing the wheels of a car spinning loudly on the ice in front of the apartment. It gets louder and more frequent, and finally we go to the window to look out at the excitement. "Wow," I say, "they really are stuck. Look- they're right on top of the snow bank! They're never getting out!" JJ agrees but then says "I'm going to go help them" and grab his jacket. "What???" I ask him. He heads outside to help push. I suddenly feel bad for being shocked at the suggestion of helping a neighbor out of a ditch. I mean, I might have to talk to them, and then what?!?!

This city has ruined me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter