Playing is Hard Work

Monday, December 11, 2006

Holidays

It is getting hard to find a good Christmas card in this town. I know not everyone celebrates Christmas, but I do, and most of people I send cards to do, and I wouldn't mind if the cards I sent mentioned the reason I'm sending them, rather than the generic "Seasons Greetings" or "Holiday Wishes" with snowmen and holly-berries and cheerful birds.



You can always find a nativity scene card or three wise men card down on the bottom shelf, buried under some reindeer, but for some reason they always are the most terribly designed. Mary and Joseph look pale and sickly, and the angels are bored out of their minds.



Why does being Christian automatically relegate us to bad art?

1 Comments:

Blogger ipj said...

Because Jesus didn't stay a carpenter long enough to actually improve his "art."

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter