Playing is Hard Work

Friday, December 08, 2006

Being Beautiful is Hard Work

Check out this video from Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty.

">REAL BEAUTY

I'm not sure that I totally buy into the Campaign. Dove is, after all, a beauty-product company. I'm going to do some research into their workshops for girls. I respect that someone out there is uncovering the myths beauty in advertising, I just wish it wasn't someone trying to sell me their products. On the other hand, because they've been complicit in spreading the myths, they can speak against them with some authority...

I don't know. Anyway, check out the video. Its 40 seconds long and very eye-opening (and eye-enlarging).

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather K said...

Your link doesn't work, or it wouldn't for me. However, I went to dove and watched it. Yeah, photo shop would make just about everyone look better (or worse if you went that route). Real life doesn't so much come with photo shop. Things that make me wonder, do they retouch (in any way) the campaign for real beauty photos?

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter