Playing is Hard Work

Monday, December 11, 2006

A Night In the City

Two things happened to me on Friday night as I was hanging around Washington Square. I am in Washington Square a lot for school, but somehow the atmosphere changes from weekdays to weekend nights.

The first occurred when I turned the corner from West 4th onto Broadway and bumped into a man standing close to the Gallatin building. I turned to apologize, but stopped myself mid-breath when I noticed that he was actually urinating on the corner of the building. If you choose to huddle against the corner of a building at a busy intersection to urinate, getting bumped is a risk that you have to assume.

After the peeing incident I met Zach at a cute little Italian cafe that I occasionally go to for lunch or coffee. I tried to upgrade to dinner, and it was a failure. After forgetting our menus, silverware, bread, and the drinks we ordered, the waitress finally brought out our salads. We finished them and were waiting for the pasta, and when the waitress came to clear the plates she said "I'll bring your next meal right out." Meal!!?!? It was pasta and salad!!!! She still succeeded in making us feel like gluttonous fools.

Not an auspicious beginning to the weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter