Playing is Hard Work

Friday, September 07, 2007

Frickin' Frack

I am entering a season of house guests. They seem to come in bursts, wanting clean sheets and subway directions and expensive dining that isn't expensive.

Of course, some of my guests this month are former New Yorkers, so if that pull that crap I'll punch them in the face!

While having these guests in town, I also have to do my thesis defense, for which it seems I need to have some sort of presentation that I'm not sure about. I'm just a tad worried about this. A presentation? Isn't it enough that I wrote the damn thing? What am I supposed to do? They read it, right?

Also, I'm beginning my teaching artist training next week. This I am looking forward to. I enjoy hanging out with teaching artists all day, and you would too! Of course, it's not all day, because I spend half my days now at a new job, which has been going very well so far. New things I have done this week include:
  • Wearing heels three days in a row
  • Getting TMI (or NEI?) about my company's financial status
  • Decorating my office (really cubicle)
  • Having my own business phone line and email
Things that I did this week but that weren't necessarily new include:
  • Creating spreadsheets that seem important but that in all likelihood no one will ever use/read
  • Skipping lunch and eating at my desk
  • Getting really excited about organizational possibilities (nerding out)

I kind of feel like I have gone from zero to sixty this week. In cat terms, that means from napping to front-door-escaping. Or, in squirrel terms, from no tomatoes to all the tomatoes that are growing in my yard. I'm tired. But I can't rest yet. I have a presentation to prepare and sheets to clean.

2 Comments:

Blogger ipj said...

Puppets + Power Point Presenation = Oustanding Thesis Presentation resulting in Degree!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Cap'n Smitty should make a cameo and assist you with your defense.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter