Playing is Hard Work

Sunday, February 25, 2007

OOO Yes

Today was spent in a masterclass on Commedia taught by a freaky awesome old Italian guy named Antonio Fava. He flipped and pranced and skulked and showed us all how to do the same. But the best part was how he would constantly talk about the Ooodience. "You have to talk to the Ooodience. You ARE the Ooodience!"

I really enjoyed the class, but I have to say that the company that put it on was EXTREMELY unprofessional. They showed up to let us in half an hour late (and it is too cold to have people waiting around on the street on Sunday morning) and didn't apologize and then two of the women sat in the back of the class (which was only ten people) and whispered and giggled for the first three hours. INCREDIBLY rude. I can't even imagine what they were thinking. Nicole finally went up to them at lunch and told them that she couldn't concentrate on the class when they were talking and would they please stop? They were appropriately shamed and shut up for the rest of the day. I wish I had the guts to confront people like that, but I prefer to talk about them behind their backs and then let Nicole do the confronting. But maybe tomorrow I'll write them a strongly worded letter. Until then: a strongly worded blog!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter